Board index Logic Gui General

General

Smartbutton showing as black

All Gui related topics

Moderators: jsp, Pharmhaus

Smartbutton showing as black

Postby Henri » Sat May 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Hello jsp,
I was thinking of using smartbuttons as an toolbar replacement in my program. However when tried an example smartbutton "night&day", insert it in LogicGUI and compile the form the resulted button showes in black. Any idea what might be the cause of this ?

-Henri
Henri

Re: Smartbutton showing as black

Postby jsp » Sat May 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi,
I have just tested it and re-downloaded the Night and Day example and it worked. Also deleted the pictures and re-compiled the example.
Logic Gui shows a red rectangle for any none existing picture and also that worked as expected.
So, don't know what problem it might be.
Is the preview on the WorkSpace as it should? Does it show black also when clicking on it?
Which OS do you use?
A SmartButton is nothing else as a panel with a picture on top, so you could try to check this and create a panel and put a picture on top and compile it to see what is going on.
If that simple thing is not working than there is a general problem.
jsp
LogicZone

Postby Henri » Sat May 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Thank you for your reply,
I will do some testing...
Henri

Postby Henri » Sat May 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Alrighty,
I did some testing and found normal panels to be working. With smartbuttons it showed the picture in working area,but not after building. In any case this is not hardware related (same results with different computers). So next I thougth what variable hasn't changed and that was Blitzmax enviroment itself. I did a complete rebuild of all modules and after that everything is working as it should. And all is well:-)

-Henri
Henri

Postby jsp » Sat May 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Very good find!
I didn't thought this to be a problem in your case, had quite some different symptoms if the mod needs recompiling, but as we see everything is possible.
I do actually recompile all modules every time I upgrade to a newer version of BlitzMax anyway. Just to have all parts fitting together.
Maybe I would have seen this kind of problem earlier if I didn't do this automatically.

If you did a rebuild all docs from the IDE you have also help available from the module itself, otherwise use the little SmartButton Editor tool to create some. The Editor and also the demo can be downloaded from the user area.
I still lack a flash tutorial for SmartButtons, but have a look in the extra SmartButton user manual for info.

So have fun with SmartButtons.
jsp
LogicZone

Postby Henri » Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks, they seem quite perfect for the task. Keep up the good work.

-Henri
Henri

Return to General