Text Size

Feature Request

A couple of suggestions

Request new features here

Moderators: jsp, Pharmhaus

A couple of suggestions

Postby Ghost Dancer » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Some great new features in the last few versions but a couple of features that would be nice to have:

1. Option to disable the new backup feature. Personally I don't need this and don't like files cluttering up my folders ;)

2. Would also be good if the input & output filenames could be saved in each LG file (set in the application properties). I have integrated LogicGui quite nicely into my development environment but if I work on a different project I have to edit these manually in the XML file to avoid overwriting the main source file of the previous project.

3. When you load a new form or quit, ask if you want to save current form.
Ghost Dancer
Advanced

Re: A couple of suggestions

Postby jsp » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Number 1 is on the list I will create a switch for this.

Number 2 I probably do not understand correctly.
Do you mean the TestGui.bmx and TestGui.exe?
I have one request to name those files like the form file.
Overwriting the files can only appear when you have different projects in the same folder.
It's most of the time better to have different projects in different folders and thus all files separate. When you start a new form, all values are read from the ini files and the default Header and Append files are switched on, when you now save this new project to a new empty folder, your form will be saved there and Header and Append files are copied to the new destination allowing you to start with fresh but predefined files.

Number 3. The form is saved on quit when there are changes to save. Thats the default if not changed in the ini file.
Though I don't save it explicit when you load a new form, I can put that on the list
jsp
LogicZone

Postby Ghost Dancer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:39 pm

No. 2 - yeah I meant testgui. And you are right it does not overwrite other projects - not sure why I thought that lol! The request you have to name the .bmx & .exe files the same as the form file is actually simpler way to do it so would be great if that could be added.

No. 3 - When I quit, I don't always want to save it, say if I make some changes but want to abandon them, so being asked to save would be great. Likewise when loading a new form, a prompt to save (if any changes were made).
Ghost Dancer
Advanced

Postby jsp » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Makes all sense, so both will come.
jsp
LogicZone

Postby Ghost Dancer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Excellent. I look forward to the next release :)
Ghost Dancer
Advanced

Return to Feature Request